Expiration of a CFD on the MetaTrader platform
On the MetaTrader platform, each CFD instrument has an expiration date.
CFD positions are not tradable beyond the contract expiry date and do not roll over.
- Clients will be able to close their CFD positions until this expiration date.
- Approximately 3-5 days before expiring, a new CFD based on the next future contract will begin trading and become available to open new positions.
- During this period, no new positions can be opened in the expiring CFD contract.
- Positions not closed by clients by this expiration date will be closed automatically by Finexo Dealing Desk at the last available price.
The Expiration Dates of contracts depend on the instrument you are trading. Upcoming CFD Expiration Dates are as follows:
* Please note that the expiring CFDs will be rolled-over to a new contract with a different price according to the schedule above both on the MT4 and ACT platforms. Customers holding positions open at 21:00 GMT on the rollover date will be adjusted for the difference in price between the expiring contract and the new contract through a swap charge or credit which will be processed at 21:00 GMT on their balance. If the new contract trades at a higher price than the expiring contract, long positions (buy) will be charged negative rollover adjustment and short positions (sell) will be charged positive rollover adjustment. If the new contract trades at a lower price than the expiring contract, long positions (buy) will be charged positive rollover adjustment and short positions (sell) will be charged negative rollover adjustment. To avoid any liquidation, customers are advised to maintain sufficient equity available in their account to absorb any negative adjustment at 21:00 GMT on the rollover date. Any existing order(s) (stop, limit, entry stop and entry limit) that may be triggered at the opening of the new contract will be executed at the new market price. As slippage will incur, customers are advised to review their orders, taking into considerations the new contract rate. Customers can avoid CFD rollover by closing their open position before the rollover date.