- : Home > Elective Professional Client Program
You are here
Elective Professional Client Program
About our program
If you are a professional trader, you can apply to be reclassified at Finexo.com elective professional program. If you meet at least two of the following criteria, you may be eligible to reclassify as an elective professional client:
- Have a financial portfolio that exceeds €500,000;
- Placed at least 10 relevant trades in significant sizes over the last four quarters;
- Work, or have worked, in the financial sector for at least one year.
Note that as a professional client, you will waive some regulatory protections afforded to retail clients.
For more information visit our Client Categorisation Policy
The main three aspects that will be reviewed in your application are:
- Trading Volume – Average of 10 transactions per quarter for the last 4 quarters with any regulated broker.
- Trading Portfolio – Financial instrument portfolio in excess of EUR 500,000.
- Experience – Over a year of professional experience in the financial sector.
How to qualify:
Trade size and volume
You must have carried out transactions, in significant size, in a relevant product with an average frequency of at least 10 per quarter during the previous four quarters (with Finexo.com and/or other providers).
The average frequency of trades can be at one provider, or a combination of. We will ask you for scanned copies of statements for any trade activity outside of Finexo.com.
Size of portfolio
The size of your investment portfolio (held with Finexo.com and/or other providers), is defined as including cash deposits and financial instruments, exceeds EUR 500,000.
If your portfolio is held outside of Finexo.com, we may ask you for scanned copies of statements from other providers.
You work or have worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position that requires knowledge of relevant products.
We will ask you for details of your role and how it has provided you with sufficient knowledge and experience and may require you to provide evidence of this if necessary.
TO BECOME AN ELECTIVE PROFESSIONAL CLIENT
|Forex||Up to 1:300|
|Stocks||Up to 1:300|
|Commodities||Up to 1:300|
|Indices||Up to 1:300|
|ETFs||Up to 1:300|
|Crypto||Up to 1:300|
Reduced Trading Restrictions
Please read the following information carefully and take note that as a professional client you will be entitled to fewer protections under the Law than you would be entitled to as a retail client.
- Leverage on CFDs: Leverage restrictions applicable to retail clients do not apply to professionals. But remember, with increased leverage comes increased risk.
- Disclosures: When can use more sophisticated language when talking to our professional clients. However, we’ll always communicate in a clear, fair and not misleading way.
- Knowledge and experience: We may assume that your level of knowledge and experience when assessing whether our products are appropriate for you
- Investor Compensation Fund (‘ICF’): You will not be entitled to compensation under the ICF for clients of Cypriot Investment Firms, as available for retail clients.
Please note that some protections will remain unchanged. These include aspects such as Best Execution, Trade Confirmations and availability of Key Information Documents, which we see as key to provide you with the optimal trading experience. For more details firstname.lastname@example.org.